Deco M4 setup as AP problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-23 04:57:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to set up my Deco M4 as Access Point via my Asus Router. The problem is, during the setup process, when it comes to Internet Connection Type, I dont know what to select, either Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPOE etc.

I dont want to select PPPOE because my connection is handled by my Asus Router. So I just tried Dynamic IP since less information I need to enter. Once the setup is finished, I followed the steps to change to AP. Then it rebooted. After reboot, it said that my deco has been deleted. What???? I need to repeat the whole process from the beginning.

I tried Reset but still it happened the same thing (Deco deleted after reboot).

Please assist. Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 setup as AP problem
2021-03-24 12:04:04

@infins 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Could you please help me record a video clip of the whole process?

And what is the LED light status on the Deco after it switched to access point mode?

Have you tried to change another Deco unit as the main Deco to have a look?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-24 15:37:26

@TP-Link this is the video showing my Deco got deleted after reboot

File:
trim.AA42FE48-82FA-45C1-826F-FFCC4FADBB33.MOVDownload
Options
2021-03-25 02:08:40

@infins 

Hi, Could you please send me a private message about your TP-Link ID as well as the MAC address of this Deco?

By the way, have you tried to change a different one as the main Deco to configure the access point?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 561

Replies: 3

Related Articles