DECO M4 Problem on AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-20 15:40:27 - last edited 2021-06-21 01:23:12
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi there!!!

I'm using the Deco M4 model for the last 1 week. Recently I have configured it on AP mode. But unfortunately, few of my devices can connect to the internet getting IP from my DHCP server but few of my devices can't connect to the internet and get IP from Deco. I have configured it as an AP mode, but I can't use the internet from few of my devices. What's the problem?

as I configured it an AP mode the LEDs on Deco are red

Options
3 Reply
Re:DECO M4 Problem on AP Mode
2021-06-21 00:29:27 - last edited 2021-06-21 01:23:12

@Alve_Hasan 

Hey

In AP (access point) mode the Deco nodes don't connect or communicate via WiFi, instead they look to be connected back to the main ISP Router or Switch via a LAN cable

Are all your Deco nodes cabled?   If not you will need to switch back to Router mode so they can talk wirelessly again.

Options
2021-06-21 04:28:39
only my main Deco is connected with cable and another deco is connected wirelessly. I have to need to configure my Deco as an AP mode. how to solve my issue? please let me know If I can't configure it on AP mode then I will return your product because I just purchase it for use on AP mode
Options
2021-06-22 12:14:36

@Alve_Hasan 

Deco can use the Wireless backhaul for Access Point   or   Router mode, whatever is suitable for you

If you are getting a an IP from Deco then one of your nodes is in Router mode, if you are running Access Point mode all the IP addresses should be handled by the ISP Router not the deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 3

Related Articles