Setting up a point to point wireless bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-24 12:54:54
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

First of all I'm not too network savvy, I'm trying to reconfigure a point to point wireless bridge that was once working but stopped, I believe one of my young sons reset the router at one end.

At any rate, I've got a Deco X60 mesh system hub plugged into a modem and into an 8 port switch which has a directional antenna plugged into a powered POE adapter and out pointing at the antenna at the other end which goes through another powered POE adapter and into and Archer C50 router in an outbuilding. I'm trying to find out what I need to do to configure the Archer C50 so that I'm getting a signal to run the network in the building, which doesn't have to have the same SSID.

Can any one out there give me an idea of what may work?

All suggestions are welcome......

Options
4 Reply
Re:Setting up a point to point wireless bridge
2021-03-26 06:53:05

@4ener 

Hi, did you try to set up the C50 as the default wireless router mode to have a look?

And may I know the model number of the 8-port switch as well as the POE adapter?

Which port on the Archer C50 is connected to the POE adapter, the WAN port, or one of the LAN ports?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-20 17:13:39

@TP-Link Sorry for the long delay in answering I've been ill........ and I've switched ISP's.

The switch is a TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch (TL-SG108), I's at a point where I couldn't even access the Archer C50 so I had to do a reset.

The ISP and am now using is StarLink, they supply a basic router which plugs into a power deevice which also controls the satellite dish. I have the main Deco plugged into the back of the StarLink router and connected to the other 2 Deco's. One of the 2 Deco's is plugged into a TP-Link TL-SG105 5 port switch and inturn I have a Galaxy 5.8GHz 300Mbps 16dBi Outdoor Wireless Access Point plugged into POE/power device at each end, the 2nd Galaxy is plugged into the Archer C50.

I had the Galaxy Point to Point working flawlessly with my former ISP's gear but the service was too undepenable and unbelivably frustrating that I was forced to switch as my wife could no longer work from home (we live in a very small community with nothing other than high speed DSL which was too slow). My wife is now staying with her Mom in the city where she can work a fibre network)

My view is it has to be the settings between the 2nd Deco and the Archer C50 that is causing the problem but at a point where I'm pulling my hair out by the roots.

Options
2021-05-21 02:37:21

@4ener 

Hi, is your current network map like:

Starlink router---Deco X60~~~<Wi-Fi>~~~2nd Deco X60--TL-SG108--Galaxy Outdoor Wireless Access Point----~wireless bridge~----~Galaxy Outdoor Wireless Access Point --(WAN)Archer AX50;

So I guess the two Galaxy access points are used to provide internet service from Deco to C50?

Normally there is no need for additional settings on the Deco as well as Archer C50 to get internet service;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-21 12:41:34

@TP-Link Yes, that is essentially the map, the small outbuilding where the Archer C50 is, is just far enough away that the WiFi signal is very week and not stable enough to provide the service we need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1837

Replies: 4

Related Articles