Archer C80 Starts Hanging, if connected with more than 3 devices.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-27 16:39:19
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 210128 Rel.64503n(5553)

Hello,

I'm using Archer C80 in my house. The topology is:
UNO device > C80 Router > Clients

The configuration is:
PPPoE - 100mbps
Smart Connect disabled
Airtime Fairness Enabled/Disable (both tried)
2.4 GHz g/b/n with one SSID, set to 40 MHz channel 6
5 GHz a/n/ac with one SSID, set to auth width & channel auto

WPA/WPA2-Personal, AES
MU-MIMO enabled
NAT Boost enabled
QoS disabled

Whenever I connect more then 2 devices along with the Mi Tv, the router become unresponsive at that time it will take too much time to load the routers login page on 192.168.0.1. 

My device List:

1. iPhone 8
This client is connected to 5 GHz SSID

2. iPhone 8
This client is connected to 2 GHz SSID

3. Vivo V17 Pro

4. Vivo V11 Pro

5. MiTV - 4A Pro

6. Dell Laptop (Latitude 3480)

I am unable to play 1080p video smoothly on any of 3 devices simultaneously. If I play a 1080 video in any of the device then I am unable to browse the internet smoothly. 

What I have tried:
- Reset the router
- Factory reset the router

Still to serve 5-6 clients, I have to restart this router after every 2 hours.

Please provide any solution for this. I bought this router from Amazon on 22 March 2021

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C80 Starts Hanging, if connected with more than 3 devices.
2021-03-28 21:09:37

@Md.Imran 

I have similar problems. Last firmware broke perfomance!!! I have packet drops, very slow speed and signal is worst... I need new firmware!!!

Options
2021-03-29 03:42:35

@Md.Imran 

When there are two devices connected to the C80 network already, and you are connecting the third one, what is the download and upload speed you can get on the third, is it normal? What if you disconnect this Mi Tv, only connect the phones and laptops to the network, will you be able to connect more than 3?

When the C80 hangs, was there any symptom, such as all LEDs stay on or flashing? Can you ping the C80 IP address from any connected devices?

BTW, who is your ISP?

Hi @JimiJones, are all the settings on your C80 the same as on Md.Imran's? What is the bandwidth provided by your ISP?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-29 11:24:20 - last edited 2021-03-29 11:25:52

@Md.Imran 

Disable nat boost, it's broken, I have support case open about this issue (support tested and confirmed), no new firmware yet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 620

Replies: 3

Related Articles