The router starts to fail after a while

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-13 14:12:49 - last edited 2022-03-15 06:31:28
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210716

After restarting the router, a ping to the router appears in ~5 minutes and access to the control cabinet becomes difficult. At the same time, the ping to the provider is growing and the Internet speed drops by more than 99%. (1000mbps -> 0.5mbps). The router has been in use for 4 months.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:The router starts to fail after a while-Solution
2022-03-14 11:27:42 - last edited 2022-03-15 06:31:28
The problem has been solved, but I have not understood its root cause. One of the computers, when connected to the network, provoked such consequences. Reinstalling Windows, the problem was solved, but why the computer "put down" the router is not clear. Thank you for your answer, I think the question is closed.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:The router starts to fail after a while
2022-03-14 07:11:04

Hello @fanta, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

When does this issue start to happen? And was there any change before it happens? How about the internet LED on the router, is it green or orange when the issue happens? Who is your ISP?

Please check and ensure that you do have internet access when connecting to the router, and the internet LED on the router is green all the time. If the internet LED on the router is not green but blinks orange sometimes, please connect a computer to the ISP modem and monitor the internet connectivity.

If the modem internet is stable, please try to do a MAC clone on the C80 as follows:

How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router?

You may also follow the troubleshooting suggestions we provided in the following thread to see if the issue can be figured out:

Router Disconnects from Internet

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:The router starts to fail after a while-Solution
2022-03-14 11:27:42 - last edited 2022-03-15 06:31:28
The problem has been solved, but I have not understood its root cause. One of the computers, when connected to the network, provoked such consequences. Reinstalling Windows, the problem was solved, but why the computer "put down" the router is not clear. Thank you for your answer, I think the question is closed.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:The router starts to fail after a while
2022-03-15 06:35:16

@fanta 

Awesome! That's great to hear. If you run into any trouble, don't hesitate to reach out. We're always happy to assist when we can.

I'm going to mark your reply as the “Recommended Solution” to close this topic then.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 3

Related Articles