One mesh with repeater in access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-27 20:40:35 - last edited 2022-09-09 06:01:49
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone

I would like to use wifi from routeur and wifi from repeater with one mesh function but connect them with ethernet cable and not with wifi

Is it possible to use one mesh function with an wired connection between router and repeater in AP mode ?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:One mesh with repeater in access point mode
2021-04-01 03:16:46

@yoshi74  Hello, 

Very good question, but unfortunately  Range extender does not support oneMesh when it works in AP mode and we did not hear any plan for that. 

So to use oneMesh range extender have to work in extender mode and wirelessly connect to main router. 

Options
2021-04-01 18:53:03 - last edited 2021-04-01 18:57:57

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the answer

that's a shame, it's not possible*

So the solution is to use CPL ?

TL-WPA8635P for example

Options
2021-04-02 07:59:53 - last edited 2021-04-05 01:35:36

@yoshi74 Hello, 

Nice idea, if your rooms are in the same power circuit ( controlled by the same powerline)  , oneMesh compatible Powerline product is also a good choice to build a oneMesh network :

Please make sure both router and powerline KIT as listed as oneMesh compatible in list below: 

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/product-list/?utm_source=spotlight&utm_medium=local&utm_campaign=all

Toplogy: tplink  router ---wired powerline adapter   ....<powerline> ...... wireless powerline adapter  

Router and wireless powerline device could build oneMesh through wire. 

Options
2021-04-03 19:52:41

@Solla-topee 
Yey my router is one mesh compatible (MR600)

I regrets to not have Ethernet connection between the 2 products but i wiil use powerline  solution to extend wifi
I really want to use one mesh to have same network name and to have roaming in all the house
Thanks for you replies

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 3393

Replies: 4

Related Articles