M9 plus satellite disconnects every hour with red led

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-15 20:36:59
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I got a pack of 2 m9 plus a few days ago. Set everything up with the app. The satellite is leas than 20 meters from the the main unit. 

the satellite constantly gets disconnected every 30-60 minutes. The only solution is to reboot the unit. 

I tried setting the satellite as the main and vice versa and the problem continues.

Options
4 Reply
Re:M9 plus satellite disconnects every hour with red led
2021-05-16 11:29:37

@Mmilan 

Check quality of signal between Satellite and Main Decos. You can find it under Signal Source for Satellite Deco, in Deco app. 

In this example, signal quality from Satellite M9 to Main M9 is very good. You should see one 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz bands, like on picture, because M9 has dedicated 5GHz backhaul.

If you see signal quality way worse, and/or less than three bands shown, you'll need to move Satellite M9 closer to Main Deco and see if disconnections go away.

For test purposes, place Satellite Deco in the same room as Main Deco, about 3-4 meters from it. Then, check again signal quality and see if disconnects continue. 

Options
2021-05-16 15:28:29
The signal is 2 bars in my case. There is only one wall separating the 2 units. If this is the m9 functioning as intended I am going to have to return it and go back to using my previous reputed because this is unacceptable.
Options
2021-05-16 15:56:18 - last edited 2021-05-16 15:56:48

@Mmilan 

I suggest you run this test: bring Satellite Deco to same room as Main Deco, place them about 3-4 meters away from each other, and also check signal quality in Deco app after you power on Satellite Deco in the same room as Main Deco.

Leave them running for few hours and check if disconnects still happen. That will help to figure if you have defective Deco unit(s), or there is something else going on in your house. If disconnects do happen with this setup, something must be wrong with Deco units.

If disconnects ceased, move Satellite M9 a bit further away from Main, test for disconnects again. Keep moving Satellite M9 till you find sweet spot where disconnects still don't happen, but WiFi coverage for your house is good. If such location does not exist, or you are not interested in spending time to troubleshoot, just return Deco set.

Options
2021-05-17 01:52:07

@Mmilan 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

For your case, we have made detailed notes and forward it to the senior engineers already and please have a check of your email box later;

Thanks.

Options