Can't get Netatmo Presence to connect to VR2800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-22 20:05:49 - last edited 2021-05-24 02:31:06
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n

Hello

I am a computer novice so please bear with me.

I have just bought a VR2800 to replace a router that stopped working.   Its great but I cannot connect my Netatmo Presence outdoor camera to it.  I think it must be something to do with the router because I have been able to connect the camera to previous routers using the Natatmo automatic set up.

My rudimentary understanding is that by showing the camera a QR code, it tries to pair with my phone to get the information neeed to connect with the wifi network.  However, I have not been able to do that successfully despite doing the things that Netatmo suggest on their support page.  Because the camera worked so easily on other routers, I can't help but feel that there is something to do with the VR2800 that is preventing it from working properly.  As far as I can see, the Presence has connected to the wifi, but just doesnt work. 

Netatmo support is hopeless  and I really don't know what else to try.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't get Netatmo Presence to connect to VR2800
2021-05-24 10:55:33

@Sashmo 

Hi, there are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Update the firmware on Archer VR2800 to be the latest one:

Archer VR2800(EU)_V1_210313

2.Make sure there is no ACL or MAC filtering on the Archer VR2800;

3.Check whether the Netatmo Presence outdoor camera used the static IP address or got the correct IP address from VR2800;

By the way, was the camera connected to the VR2800 via 2.4ghz or 5ghz or Ethernet cable?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-24 13:13:55

@TP-Link Thanks for your reply.  Really appreciated.

1. I've updated the firmware but unfortunately that has made no difference.

2. I don't think there is any ACL or MAc filtering but can you confirm how I check this (told you I was a novice!)?

3. Again please can you let me know how I check this.

The camera connects via 2.4GHz.  I've tried turning off the 5GHz in case it caused a problem, but that made no difference either.

Options
2021-05-26 11:57:31

@Sashmo 

Sorry for that.

There are some detailed suggestions:

1. please log into the Archer VR2800 such as https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1730/
  2. then check the following settings:

--advanced>security>access control and whether it is enabled or not;

--basic>network map>wireless clients>check whether the outdoor camera is here;

As for the IP settings on the camera, I am afraid you might need to have a check of the camera settings on the control APP to see if there is any information;

(if you could not find it, it is ok and later we will ask the senior engineers for further assistance.)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 3

Related Articles