Decrease in internet velocity after setting up Deco E4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-09 18:31:23
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I was having problems to have internet all over my appartment and installed 2 Deco E4. One connected by cable to a FiberGateway Router (from my internet provider) and a second one in my room (10m away). Everything works fine and I have internet all over now.

Now the problem. I have contracted a 500MB velocity and that is what I have when I check velocity using the original netwoek 8from the provider router). When I connect to the Deco Network (Wifi or cable) I only get 100Mb. I Replaced the cables with new ones and I always get the same value... 100MB. And again, if I connect to the original provider network (by cable or even wifi) I get 500MB Download. I used the Speedtest by Ookla.

Anyone can help ? Why do I loose so much internet speed with the Deco network.

I Hope you can help. Thanks a lot in advance,

Nuno

Options
1 Reply
Re:Decrease in internet velocity after setting up Deco E4
2021-06-18 12:06:47

@NunoMelo 

Hi, as explained in the below thread, the Deco E4 is equipped with 2× 10/100 Mbps Ports, so the speed is normal:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/196398?replyId=606282

This is the specification for your reference:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/deco/deco-e4/#specifications

If you are getting a bandwidth higher than 100M, the Deco E4 may not be suitable for your network, you need to use a device with gigabit Ethernet port to achieve the speed you paid for.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 1

Related Articles