Deco M4R - very poor performance after 1.5 firmware update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4R - very poor performance after 1.5 firmware update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Deco M4R - very poor performance after 1.5 firmware update.-Solution
2021-09-27 03:18:12 - last edited 2022-01-10 07:45:33

@DmitryS 

Hi, Thank you for the update.

I am afraid I could not give you an exact answer whether it is caused by the CPU of Deco M4.

So I have asked for the senior engineers for help and please check your email for further assistance.

Update:

For the unstable issue on the Deco M4, it is suggested to try the beta firmware on this link:

Wireless clients and Satellite Deco fail to connect to Main Deco under Spectrum / Starhub

Please leave me a private message whether the beta firmware is working or not.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M4R - very poor performance after 1.5 firmware update.
2022-01-10 06:57:42

@DmitryS 

I have exactly the same problem after updating the M4.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Options
Re:Deco M4R - very poor performance after 1.5 firmware update.
2022-01-11 08:41:11 - last edited 2022-01-11 08:43:10

This is my setup

[ISP - Starhub: Huawei ONT ]  --- [ Main Deco M4R as router ]  wifi  [ Satellite Deco M4R ]  - Problem

After upgrading to the beta firmware, the problem is still there.

But I found a workaround. If I put another router between the Main Deco and the ISP ONT, then the Deco M4 mesh is stable and usable.

[ISP - Starhub: Huawei ONT ]  --- [ Asus router ] --- [ Main Deco M4R as router ]  wifi  [ Satellite Deco M4R ]  - this setup is ok, stable.

However, this is not ideal as there will be double NATing and the need for a intermediate router.

So it seems that all the other functions of the Deco M4 is fine except when it is connected directly to the ISP.

Options
Related Articles