Speed drop at two of three access points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-22 07:14:57
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.9.4

I'm using three (wired) access points in my home-network. At one points the download speed is ~310Mbps - in two access points it is ~94Mbps. About four weeks ago there was no speed-difference at all between these points. 

Is thers something I could check or simply reset?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Speed drop at two of three access points
2021-07-22 08:06:05

@Tomspot 

Hi,

Did Deco M4 work on the access point mode?

And the speed~310m/s is the main Deco and the other two satellite units are about 94m/s

Can you draw a picture of your network topology, like all 3*M4 to the main router directly?

Did you test the download speed by Ethernet cable?

Options
2021-07-22 08:35:48

@TP-Link 

The main Deco showed a download speed of ~310Mbps. The other two ~92Mbps. It seemed switching off and on my TP-Link switch solved the speed-problem. 

How can I check in my Deco-app the connections, access etc? I've tried about everything to check my config.

Options
2021-07-22 09:35:29

@Tomspot 

Hi, if the internet service is ok, the basic configuration of Deco would have no issue;

If you turn off/on the switch and the issue was resolved, it might be caused by the Ethernet link speed between Satellite Deco units and the switch.

It might be 100m/s, instead of the 1000m/s;

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 348

Replies: 3

Related Articles