VPN cant work and internet freezes after firmware upgrade to 1.5.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-23 18:52:15
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

I just upgraded my firmware through the Deco app. The purpose of the upgrade was to have the option of being able to choose the wifi security to be able to connect to some devices. 

Immediately after the upgrade, I am facing trouble with my internet connection. Pages would load halfway and then stall. I will have to keep reloading the page and sometimes, it shows "No internet connection", and all will be ok after reloading again sometimes. This is without vpn.

When I try to connect to ExpressVPN, I will be able to surf for like 2 seconds before it completely freezes, and I get a message from my vpn app saying my internet connection is blocked.

Can this be resolved? And if not, please let us have an option to roll back the firmware

Options
1 Reply
Re:VPN cant work and internet freezes after firmware upgrade to 1.5.0
2021-07-26 08:32:52

@Spot23 

Hi, could you please help me check the following information as well:

1. please change a different Deco as the main Deco to have a look

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

2. Did you have any IPTV/VLAN configuration?

3.Would it be possible for you to record a video clip about your current issues?

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 200

Replies: 1

Related Articles