Archer C6 Restarting Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-24 09:34:45
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

the router is restarting, all the  LEDs are getting turned off and on.

I just figured out that when a device is connected with a 5G band of this router it gets restarted.

what could be the proper reason.

PS - I can't turn off the 5g band as I purchased this router for that particular feature.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Restarting Issue
2021-09-24 11:28:53 - last edited 2021-09-24 11:44:54

@Shanu00 

Upgrade the device FW to the latest version described in this thread.

Watch for the correct FW region, whether US or EU.

For EU FW only a beta version is available, but you can use it without any worries.

When you're with the latest FW release, you'll be able to disable the OneMesh feature on the device if you're not using it.

Do that and see if that improves your wireless experience.

If after these actions the issue persists then try the suggested actions from this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-09-24 13:22:01 - last edited 2021-09-24 13:24:11

I tried all this... but it didn't work in my case.

I also upgraded the firmware ie. EU version as the router is the same one

but it didn't worked.

Options
2021-09-25 09:04:56

@Shanu00 

The router reboots itself immediately when a device tries to connect to its 5GHz band - is that correct ?

If it's not - describe the issue in details.

You can do the following to troubleshoot the issue:

Make notes of your router configuration and create a backup via Advanced=>Systems tools=>Backup & Restore.

Hard reset (method 1) the router and configure only the basic staff like Wi-Fi SSID and password.

Test if the 5 GHz band works properly.

if it does, then the problem is with the device configuration - re-configure the router from scratch (use your notes).

If it doesn't, then probably you have a HW issue - contact your local support to be advised further - meanwhile restore the router configuration from the backup file.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 777

Replies: 3

Related Articles