RE 200 unable to connect to Main Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-26 12:35:35 - last edited 2021-10-26 12:48:04
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20200922 Rel 39466

Hi I am using a RE 200 to extend my home wifi network. Recently I encountered a issue. I am unable to connect to the extended network. The extended network shows 'No Internet access' even though the main network is connected and has internet.

I have tried the following:

1. Steps from this page https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/198516
  2. Factory reset the extender and re-configured
  3. Tried connecting to a difffernt router
  4. Connect the extender via LAN cable and configure the extender

On the tether app the main network always shows - No Internet and asks me to select the home network.

The LED for both 2.4G and 5G networks are not green on RE200.

None of the above steps have helped me. Any assistance or suggestion welcome to understand if this is due to a hardware or software issue.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE 200 unable to connect to Main Network
2021-10-28 02:47:26

Hello @Madddy ,

Thank you for your detailed post. Range extender does not connect router's Wi-Fi successfully of the Signal Led/ Wi-Fi LEDs are off. 

Most of the time that is because of the wrong Wi-Fi password when set up range extender. 

1>Please verify your Wi-Fi password by forgetting your Wi-Fi network on cell phone first :  
Go to Settings→ Wi-Fi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's Wi-Fi name  →Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router wifi, and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

Then factory reset range extender and set it up from scratch.

2>  WPA2-PSK(AES) wireless security is recommended on Wi-Fi router, do not set up Mac filtering  or Whitelist or other advanced settings that may affect the range extender 

If the concerns persists, can I know the model of your Wi-Fi router, and please share a photo of the Wi-Fi settings on router. 

After set up, check if the Signal or Wi-Fi LEDs are On or not, later  login Range extender Web page, go to settings--system tools--system Log, save the log and send the log file to us. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 794

Replies: 1

Related Articles