Website URL Blocking Feature missing?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-08 15:49:36 - last edited 2021-11-09 16:24:13
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163

So I have had this router for some time now and being savvy as I am I have not as of yet gone looking for the URL blocking section of this router now only to find that for whatever reason it does not seem to be included in this firmware. I went searching on the internet and came across this url https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1387/

This makes me even more confused as to why a clear lesser device has this firmware feature enabled but the Archer range at least this one does not seem to have this feature! Am I missing something or does this feature really not exist and if not... why!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Website URL Blocking Feature missing?-Solution
2021-11-08 16:47:58 - last edited 2021-11-09 18:39:45

@ZaliousPrime 

Access Control in Archer Series has been redesigned and it's for whitelisting or blacklisting devices connecting to your router.

The guide you've posted is for entry level devices :

If you need to block an URL you have to use Parental Control feature.

You can use this guide as well.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Website URL Blocking Feature missing?-Solution
2021-11-08 16:47:58 - last edited 2021-11-09 18:39:45

@ZaliousPrime 

Access Control in Archer Series has been redesigned and it's for whitelisting or blacklisting devices connecting to your router.

The guide you've posted is for entry level devices :

If you need to block an URL you have to use Parental Control feature.

You can use this guide as well.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Website URL Blocking Feature missing?
2021-11-09 16:23:50

Thanks for the timely response ☺️. 

I did a little reading and concluded the same parental controls can be manipulated into providing device url blocking.

I'm not sure who is charge of firmware and UI, however, I do put forth suggestion that parental controls has a better breakdown on its alternative use as I wouldn't have logically considered parental controls to be the place to go adding devices for specfic DNS firewalling/blocking @terziyski 

Perhaps in a future firmware parental controls could be reworked or perhaps a dedicated tab for url blocking guised as a new feature but really just is a tab that manipulates parents controls  as the use case I had in mind was to deny a specific device in the network from basically phoning home there is nothing parental in nature about this,  I just wanted to block the update DNS servers as precautionary measure along side the built in (don't auto update) function.

Options
Re:Website URL Blocking Feature missing?
2021-11-09 18:44:22

@ZaliousPrime 

Just FYI. There's a special section in the forums dedicated to the Feature Requests in case you want to propose a new feature or improvement:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 3

Related Articles