Archer T3U Plus disconnecting while downloading at high speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-16 08:50:29
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I moved houses few months ago and because my PC doesn’t have a built-in Wifi I had to use wireless USB Wifi Adapter connecting to Router (Huawei hg8245q2) with fibre connection in my living room (distance about 3 metres but 2 walls inbetween). For few months I've been using Asus USB-AC51 and it worked stable but the connection via 5GHz was pretty slow (2Mb/s max download, had to wait for basic Youtube videos to load, Stream at 1080p lagged etc.) so I decided to try different adapter. I bought TP-Link Archer T3U Plus and the speeds are much faster (Up to 18Mb/s) but when I try to download something bigger (mainly Torrents, Steam games) it goes fine for about a minute before the connection starts to slow down and stops completely in the matter of 20 seconds, download goes to 0 and I can’t access any websites.

All through 5Ghz connection, tried 2.4 and it's the same thing but slower. Most of the time I can wait few moments and connection comes back up and I can access websites again but it’s not usable if I’d like to leave the PC to download something big in one go.

I’ve done some basic troubleshooting: tried different USB ports, restarted the router and checked off power management options in the device manager for the Wifi Adapter. I connected the PC with the router via the Ethernet cable and it worked fine, downloaded 80gb in about an hour without problems.

It's Windows 10 Pro 20H2, ASRock H110M-HDV Motherboard

Any ideas what else I could check to solve this? Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T3U Plus disconnecting while downloading at high speeds
2021-12-16 02:30:25

Hello @Aratho 

Sorry for the late reply. 

1. Please try this chipset driver and see if it helps:

Realtek Chipset Driver for ArcherT3U(Nano/ Plus) (Win7/Win10)

2. Try to select a better Wi-Fi channel on router . You could download WiFi analyzer app  and select a relatively clean 2.4Ghz/5Ghz channel.

Can you provide some details here if issue persists: 
1. When using the old adapter / try a different computer at the same location, do you met the same issue when download big files from Torrents/Steam?

2. .What is the error message on WiFi connection when issue happen? How often the issue happen
How do you recover the connection, like recover itself,reconnect WiFi, or disable/enable the adapter? 
3. Please check the motherboard of your computer and share a photo with us: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1358

Replies: 1

Related Articles