Portforwarding (server)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Portforwarding (server)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Portforwarding (server)
Portforwarding (server)
2021-11-17 21:34:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hello there.

I have a DECO M5 system in my home. I'm getting my internet from KPN via a router/modem, which we don't use for wifi. The MESH system is connected to that router. 

In my room I have one of the M5's and I have a few servers. One of the servers, a TRUENAS which I use for NEXTCLOUD, is my main machine. I wan't to use it outside my network. 

I've setup ClouDNS and the zone is running succesfully. But when I use port forwarding (see picture) it just does not work. I've contacted ClouDNS, but they say all is good and it is faillure with the forwarding. 

Is there anything I'm doing wrong, should I log in my normal modem from KPN and have to do something there?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Portforwarding (server)
2021-12-07 14:45:40

Well.. can anybody help me?

Options
Re:Portforwarding (server)
2021-12-08 01:37:27

@GlobularShip452 

Hi, I think it might be related to the double NAT issue because you have two routers.

You could have a check of the IPv4 address under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPv4 and if it is a private one, apart from the port forwarding on the Deco, you might need to open the same port for Deco on the KPN router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 2

Related Articles