Open ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Open ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Open ports
Open ports
2021-11-24 08:13:56 - last edited 2021-11-24 08:17:35
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear all,

I installed the TP-link deco mesh network in my house. While the network seems to work reliably and well, if I set Deco into router mode, then the Jablotron security system can no longer access the Jablotron servers (this was possible with the broadband router Compal).

Their technical support told me to open port ranges 8000-9000 and 10000-12000 for IP addresses 194.169.224.0-255. However, this seems not to be possible with the deco system. Am I right? This is a major issue to me and I really need to allow communication with their servers.

Thanks for a reply,

Marek T.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Open ports
2021-11-24 08:50:02

@vmonkey 

Hi, You are right and it is not possible.

I also think their suggestion does not make sense.

194.169.224.0-255 are a group of public IP addresses and normally port forwarding is for local servers behind Deco.

I guess they tend to think Deco might block the Jablotron security cameras to communicate with the remote Jablotron servers(194.169.224.0-255).

Could you please help me get more details about your current issue like:

1. How is your network topology like or how does Deco connect to your network system?

2. May I know who is your internet service provider? Except for Deco M4, is there another router in the network?

3. Are you able to ping any IP address within 194.169.224.0-255, 194.169.224.100 for example on the computer when it is connected to Deco M4?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-11-24 09:19:29

@TP-Link  Thank you for a very quick reply. I really appreciate the support.

2) My internet provider is Vodafone (cable network, former UPC, Czech Republic). From them, I have the Compal CH7565VF modem set in the bridge mode.

1 )Network topology is as follows:

---> Compal CH7576VF --> main deco M4R --> switch (TL-SG116) --> switch (TL-SG105) --> Jablotron control panel (the one that does not connect to Jablotron servers)

---> device 2 (NAS), works OK

---> RaspberryPi, works OK

--> deco M4R

--> deco M4R

--> several other devices connected to the switch (Tv, security cameras (independent of the Jablotron system))

3) I tried 6 IP addresses in the range, some respond well, some are unreachable

Some more information:

- approximately two weeks ago my setup was different and everything worked. Compal modem was set to router mode and Decos to access point mode. While I can switch back, I take this as the last resort (Compal DHCP operates in 192.168.0.X range and Deco in 192.168.68.X range and none of these can be changed. I use IP address reservation and port forwarding for some home cloud services (Plex,Adguard,home assistant...). Setting everything back would take a lot of time)

- I am running AdGuard on the Pi as a DNS service. However, it is currently set not to block any traffic (and from its logs I indeed verified that no request has been blocked for the Jablotron IP address)

Options
2021-11-24 10:41:23

@vmonkey Update: As I understand the situation now, the ISP modem (Compal) is set to have all ports open by default so that's why the communication worked. Communication with the Jablotron security system is initialized from Jablotron servers (the IP range in my original post) even if I am in the same network. However, Decos probably do not have the ports open from the outside. As of now, I believe that forwarding the ports 8000-9000 and 10000-12000 of the security system to myPublicIp:ports would work. Still, this seems not possible with Decos as the deco app does not list the Jablotron system in in the "Upnp, port forwarding" part despite the Jablotron control panel being assigned a reserved IP. Still, any help is greatly appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1211

Replies: 3

Related Articles