X20 and BT network connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-29 20:56:39 - last edited 2021-11-30 01:16:10
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Please help.

We've had TP-Link mesh for a few years (3 x M5) and as our smart home has grown and home working has become the norm, we decided to add some X20s to the picture.

We have BT broadband (fibre) and have got rid of the modem and replaced with a generic, which has worked well.

Tried to set a new network up tonight, using an x20 as the main device. I got 2 of them up and running (lights green and ready for action). About 5 minutes later they are both now with a red light and have vanished from the Deco app. I don't understand. We've completed the process twice with the same outcome.

I'm not overly tech savvy so will need any advice really broken down please.

Options
5 Reply
Re:X20 and BT network connection problem
2021-11-30 01:52:50

@Claire157 

Do you still have your Deco M5 units, and Deco M5 mesh in your Deco app?

Options
2021-11-30 03:01:24

@Claire157 

Hi, I see you choose Deco X20-DSL as the model number, and actually, the model you have is Deco X20, right?

Did the new main Deco X20 connect to the same ISP router as the old main Deco M5? And I guess the internet connection type you choose is dynamic IP?

If you do not mind, you could try to unplug the old mesh M5 temporarily, then set up Deco X20 again to see if there is any difference?

Options
2021-11-30 07:55:11

@Alexandre. Hi...we did but then we realised we needed to turn them off and delete the former mesh network. 

We then started to set up from scratch again, involving x20s first but several minutes after showing green they turned red and the app was blank, asking us to set up from scratch?

Options
2021-11-30 08:01:28

@TP-Link  I'm not sure of the difference but it does say x20 on the box and it's the WiFi 6 version.

We did try your suggestion, removing all the M5s and their mesh network but this didn't work. Same thing, they connected but after 5min turned red.

We ended up trying to reset up the system from the start using m5 as the main deco. We added 2 further M5s and 1 X20. They all linked up and turned green, but about 5min later they all went red. We turned off the x20, and now we just have the M5s working. Back to square one, under a new mesh name.

They were all connected to the same router. I didn't select an ISP.

Options
2021-12-01 03:12:48

@Claire157 

Hi, thank you very much for getting back to me.

I see from the cloud server that Deco X20 now is online and running.

So I guess now you have set up Deco X20 successfully, right?

If yes, May I know how did you fix the issue?

Thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 5

Related Articles