Connection dropping out regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-02 08:26:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I set up my Deco M5 mesh kit on Saturday and it has been working fine, however yesterday and today I've been getting very regular connection drop-outs where the internet doesn't work at all for about 10-30 seconds.

This happens every 10 minutes or so. Devices will still say they're connected to the internet/Wifi however nothing will work.

I've tried rebooting the main Deco that is connected to the modem I have but that hasn't fixed it at all

Any help here please?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Connection dropping out regularly
2021-12-03 02:12:19

@SamHutton7 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please help me get more details:

1. May I know who is your internet service provider?

2. will any Deco turn red when the connection dropped out?

3. will the internet restore automatically after losing about 10-30s?

4. Did all your mobile devices have the same issue? Dropping connection at the same time?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-03 08:26:40 - last edited 2021-12-03 08:27:10

Hi there, I'd had a better look at this issue now and the connection isn't lost completely, it just slows down to around 50 kbps (normal speed on a speed test is usually 200+ mbps)

1. Virgin Media
  2. Nope, all lights remain green. Connection is still there, but it's extremely slow to the point where anything loading will just time out
  3. Yes, it eventually goes back up to speed after the initial slow down
  4. Every device has the same issue. Noticed it happening simultaneously on my computer, phone, TV etc .
Options
2021-12-03 08:57:17

@SamHutton7 

Hi, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers, and please confirm you can get an email from us.

At the same, is your connection type, PPPoE over Virgin Media?

And please try to turn off the fast roaming and beamforming(it is under Deco APP>More>Advanced) and check whether the instability got improved.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-03 09:54:18 - last edited 2021-12-03 09:54:31

Thank you. Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by PPPoE?

I've got the original Virgin router in modem mode, connected to the Deco M5 via ethernet for the connection with 2 more Deco's around the house Fast roaming and beamforming are both turned off, still getting the issue however

Options
2021-12-03 10:15:12

@SamHutton7 

Hi, you could check on the Deco APP and it is under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4.

Options
2021-12-03 10:16:15
Thank you, it's set as "Dynamic IP"
Options