Deco M9 and Sonos issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 and Sonos issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 and Sonos issues
Deco M9 and Sonos issues
2021-12-19 18:39:32
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All

Hoping to solve some strange issues with my home network. 

my set up is:

virgin hub 4 in modem mode (not router)

main deco plugged into the virgin hub acting as the router 

netgear prosafe 24 port network switch connected to the main deco

after this I have wired cat 6 going to every room in the house. 

I have two other m9 decos plugged into ports in other rooms. 

I have a Sonos beam which keeps disappearing from the Sonos app and cannot be controlled. 
I have a Sonos amp powering in ceiling speakers, which now seems to be playing ball. It took a very long time to set up as the Sonos amp could not be found or it would disappear. 
I have sky glass plugged into a second deco directly as it kept losing connection when connected to the switch via the port in the wall. 
I have now tried to add a second Sonos amp as I have in ceiling speakers in 6 different rooms and will also use some zp120's. 
I connected the second sonos amp directly to the switch in the network cupboard where all speaker cables terminate and it sent everything up the wall. The two peripheral decos stopped working and had a red light. I also could not set up the sonos amp as it could not be found. If I unplug the sonos amp from the switch I can perform an update but then get an error 1101 and cannot connect to the sonos amp. 
does anyone how the decos can work with the switch and the sonos?

I have not tried the access point mode and would rather not go down this route as I want to keep some of the functionality. 
I also want to use the beam sound bar which keeps disappearing from the Sonos amp. 

sorry for the long winded post. I am far from an expert and am really struggling to understand a lot of the other posts on this subject. Any jargon free replies will be most appreciated. 

thanks

rob. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 and Sonos issues
2021-12-21 08:55:22

@Robb22 

Hi, 

I suppose before using Deco , there is no issue on the Virgin Hub 4?

If yes, You might consider still using Virgin Hub as the main router, and setting up Deco under access point mode.

As for the Sonos speaker, there used to be a related thread about the recommended connections of Sonos and maybe you could have a look:

Solved: Having Issues with your Sonos Speakers and TP-Link Deco Mesh?

Options
Re:Deco M9 and Sonos issues
2022-05-05 12:05:31

@TP-Link 

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks!

I put the virgin hub into router mode and used the deco as access point. This has sorted the issue and works with a network switch too. 

some functionality on the m9 is lost, but it's better it works. 

will the deco still stop threats and malware etc in access mode?

thanks

Rob

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1306

Replies: 2

Related Articles