My deco network on my PC keeps blocking logins such as gmail and causing captcha fails.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My deco network on my PC keeps blocking logins such as gmail and causing captcha fails.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-04 10:35:36 - last edited 2022-01-04 10:36:45
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.51

Hi there

In the past few days when connected to my deco wifi I have been unable to get onto different services such a googles for example on my computer. It first happened to all the devices in the house when trying to load up gmail or google accounts it would load for ages then give the error that the website ip address could not be found. I tested loading other websites and they were perfectly fine. 

I rebooted everything including my main router and the problem went away. The next day the problem happened again but only with my pc which is hardwired to a deco m5. I went to try gmail but said "The web page at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.".

I thought it could be an authentication error of some sort so tried logging into other websites and got captcha failed errors. Is there something i could do to prevent this with the decos or my main network. 

my main wifi is sky

i have 5 other decos around the house and tried connecting my computer to them by switching then but still has the same problem. 

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:My deco network on my PC keeps blocking logins such as gmail and causing captcha fails.
2022-01-07 08:41:14

@S225 

Hi, I suggest you could try to change the WAN DNS server on the Deco to have a look.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

In case it did not work, could you please help me check some details:
1. When you failed to load some websites, if not rebooting Deco, only turning off/on the Wi-Fi on the devices, will it work?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 1

Related Articles