Internet lags when on the Deco network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-04 09:34:21
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hi everyone!

I just bought the Deco S4 (3 pack) and installed it in my house. Followed the instructions in the app, i set it up with a static Adress and it seems to be working fine (100 mb/s on all 3 Deco Devices)

It works fine when downloading or watching videos, but the moment i start playing games, or talk via Messenger, Discord etc.., it starts lagging. 2-3 seconds spikes where the Internet lags, than 5 seconds stable and again spikes. 

I tested it on a number of devices, including Smartphones, Laptops, Desktops, direct Wired connection, WiFi, it does not matter to if it is the main Deco or the others, the Problem persists.

Also updated every driver or Firmware possible.

I also can't connect with a cable to the Main Deco. One of the Ethernet Ports of the Main Deco is connected to the Modem, and trying to connect my Desktop via the other port does not work. I tried switching the Settings of the Network adapter of my Desktop (static/automatic) and still didn't connect. It says it can't  identify  the network. But when the Desktop is connected via a cable with another Deco (not main) it works ok (with the problem above), with Automatic DHCP.

I also tried to connect my Desktop directly to the modem and it works perfectly, so im sure the problem is on my end.

I hope someone can help, because this Deco work really well for my house.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet lags when on the Deco network
2022-02-10 10:50:37

@Kalinka 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Did you enable IPTV under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV?

If yes, the 2nd port on the main Deco is only reserved for IPTV service and If you did not subscribe IPTV from ISP, please disable the IPTV VLAN.

As for the delay during gaming, please refer to this link to change the DNS server on the Deco:How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

Please also turn off the Mesh Technology for the gaming devices if they are connected to the Wi-Fi.

And were you able to reproduce the gaming lag and ping spike all the time?

By the way, if only the main Deco is powered on, will you still experience the same issue?

Thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 723

Replies: 1

Related Articles