Extender works with one laptop but not the other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-07 16:20:50
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an TL-WA850RE. I managed to configure it with one of my laptops that is running windows 7. I used www.tplinkrepeater.net to configure the extender. It connects fine, and the internet works. I can also connect to it with my phone. But when I try to connect to it with my laptop that is running Windows 11, it connects to it fine, but it says no internet. When I run network diagnostics, I get the following errors:

Now I checked the IPs with ipconfig, and I noticed that there was something wrong with the gateway address and DNS server address:

So I decided to try and set the IP's manually, but that didn't help either.

I also tried to connect to www.tplinkrepeater.net using the windows 11 laptop, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extender works with one laptop but not the other
2022-02-10 07:01:58 - last edited 2022-02-10 07:06:29

Hello @thuga 

If only certain device could not get internet from range extender, 

• Please connect that device directly to router's Wi-Fi network and see if it could get internet from router? 
  • Try to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 on that certain device, save the settings as Step4 here
  • https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/41/
  • Contact device PC/ laptop manufacture and update driver for the Win11 computer 

May I know the hardware & firmware of your RE? 

Please also range extender is on the latest firmware (select hardware version first, then check corresponding firmware)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa850re/#Firmware

Options