C80 Antenna Layout

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C80 Antenna Layout

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C80 Antenna Layout
C80 Antenna Layout
2022-02-18 21:14:48
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can anyone tell me which antenna is which on the C80?

Options
4 Reply
Re:C80 Antenna Layout
2022-02-21 11:01:39

ahutton wrote

Can anyone tell me which antenna is which on the C80?

Hello @ahutton, can you please explain what do you want to know?

Please check if you can find the answer in the Datasheet below:

Archer C80_Datasheet

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-21 16:59:06

@Kevin_Z the datasheet only specifies it has 4 omni antenna, not which one is which. I need to know, preferably not through experimentation, which is the 2.4/top, 2.4/bottom, 5/top, 5/bottom.

Options
2022-02-21 19:05:13

@ahutton 

Some websites have pictures that show the inside of this router. This could give you some clues about the antenna layout.

For example

https://fccid.io/TE7C80     -> download the "Internal Photos" PDF document. 

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/TP-LINK_Archer_C80     -> copy or save the picture that shows the internals and you will get a hi-res image

So, when looking at the C80 router from the front side and counting the antennas from left to right:

1st antenna duct contains one 2.4 GHz antenna

2nd antenna duct contains one 5 GHz antenna

3rd antenna duct contains one 2.4 GHz antenna and one 5 GHz antenna stacked on top of each other

4th antenna duct contains one antenna that is apparently tuned to work for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz

My guess is that all antennas are of the sleeve dipole type.

It's interesting that one antenna appears to be a shared one. This should mean that this router can do 3×3 MIMO either on the 2.4 GHz band or the 5 GHz band, but not simultanously on both bands.

Options
2022-02-21 19:43:06

@woozle thanks, that is useful.. it also means I probably shouldn't use the C80 to do what I was going to do and stick with one with 2x2MIMO as my external panels are two inputs on each.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 594

Replies: 4

Related Articles