TL-WR844N Does NOT let me downgrade firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 23:37:26
Model: TL-WR844N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have installed the new firmware 211011 in my TL-WR844N, i've discovered bugs, i don't like it,  I've tried downgrade to ANY older firmware  and it shows me an error message. I've tried everything: restarted the device, disconnected all the connected devices (by wire & wifi)...  WHAT THE...????

I want to go back to fw. 200731 

Please TP Link,  what can i do????????  This thing screwed up my life

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WR844N Does NOT let me downgrade firmware
2022-03-22 03:43:07

@GeorKhawam 

Can I know which website were you downloading the older 200731 from? And what is the region version of your 844N, is it EU or US?

I also want to know what is the issue you're experiencing with the newer 211011? Since you cannot downgrade to the previous versions, I guess that is not allowed, we can try to figure out what's wrong with the new firmware.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-22 11:53:04

@Kevin_Z  The previous (200731)  were downloaded from  https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/download/tl-wr844n/#Firmware  (i've tested the 200413 in the past too)

My router says: Hardware ver1.0 EU  and ALL the firmwares i've tested are for EU Hardw ver1.0  

I want to go back to the 200731 because in the new 211011 the QoS does not work well, the network bandwidth speeds of the connected devices shows frozen (this fault occur also with the fw200413);  instead in the 200731,the bandwidth use values shows in "real time" (it refreshes every 1 second). 

That's why i would like to go back to v200731

Options
2022-03-23 02:05:24

@GeorKhawam 

Can I have a screenshot of the setting you are referring to?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-24 01:52:40

The problem is that bandwidth use of the connected devices (numbers marked in green) does not show in "real time", it shows "frozen", don't vary according to the bandwidth use at the exact moment you check it,  they lasts 15 - 20 seconds to refresh... this problem occurs with ALL firmwares i've tested, except with the v200731...   

With the 200731 these numbers refreshes every 1 second and shows you the network use really in "real time" (I loved this feature!!!)  but now doesn't work well, thats why i NEED to go back to the 200731 firmware!!!

@Kevin_Z     

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 744

Replies: 4

Related Articles