TP LINK AC1200 goes off every 24 hours for a couple of minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-03 01:14:59

This goes off every 24 hours plus a couple minutes daily, I have had it for years, live out in the country, no one close by, no ham radio, has not been moved since installed.   The time moves later by a couple minutes each day so what was once 5PM is now 5:50 PM.  The last time I unplugged it to try to change the time it goes down so it would perhaps go off when I am NOT watching tv (which is really annoying, I only have streaming) I got to spend 12 hours trying to get this horrible windows10 to work again.

Why is it doing this so regularly?  It is not a problem with the computer, after all it is windows 10 and it is ALWAYS screwed up, but it requires waiting 10 -  20 minutes for the tv to fix itself, or rebooting the TV and finding what I was watching all over again.  it is not a problem with my internet service, nor anything else running in the house or nearby. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP LINK AC1200 goes off every 24 hours for a couple of minutes
2022-04-03 14:28:16 - last edited 2022-04-03 14:29:08

@techhater 

Hi,

Can you please post the exact model number of your router and the hardware version? TP-Link has at least ten different "AC1200" routers on offer. ( https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/wifi-router/?filterby=5753 )

How does your "AC1200" router connect to the Internet? Is it via "PPPoE" or "Dynamic IP" or another method? Is the AC1200's Internet/WAN port connected to a modem or modem router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 430

Replies: 1

Related Articles