AX11000 DDNS dropping every 24 hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-09 21:24:39 - last edited 2022-07-13 06:44:44
Tags: #DDNS
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have recently purchased the AX11000 as an upgrade from an EA8500. I am having an issue with regards to Dynamic DNS (DDNS).

I have always used No-IP which provides my Domain Name. However every 24 hours, this seems to stop working. There are no errors showing in the DDNS Logs.  The only way that I can get the domain name to work, is by logging out of DDNS and re-login and save. 

This is a real issue as our house has extensive home automation, which means everything stops working every 24 hours. I then login to the router and log out/login. 

Having gone through these forums, I have seen others raising similar issues.

Firmware is 'up-to-date' and I am using IPTV/VLAN for New Zealand-UFB.

I have tried to use the tp-link ddns, however it does not offer SSL.

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX11000 DDNS dropping every 24 hours
2022-07-13 06:50:56

@Fastrax 

Can I know how did you verify the DDNS and find it stops working every 24 hours? Is there any error on the router DDNS setting page?

Please be sure you're logging into the router with your TP-Link account when verifying the DDNS settings.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-07-13 08:58:59

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the reply.

I can confirm I'm logged into my TP-Link account.

The DDNS page shows status as Success!

No errors on the logs.

However when I go to use my domain https://example.ddns.net my home assistant doesn't work. 

If I log out of the DDNS, then login again, it starts working again. 

Options
2022-07-15 05:52:55

@Fastrax 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

I would like to forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 3

Tags

DDNS
Related Articles