Archer A10 Pro connection reset every 24 hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 03:32:06 - last edited 2022-03-07 03:35:10
Model: Archer A10 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

My Archer A10 Pro connection resets every 24 hours, and has been doing that since the very beginning.

I guess it has something to do with the release of IPv6 LAN addresses or something, but I can't find anything online on how to change those settings so I have no idea how to solve it.

Here are the settings I use (I hid my IP and MAC addresses for obvious reasons):

I have been using the reboot schedule every 24hours, to avoid the disconnections that make my connected devices crash (google home, alexa and all).
It works but it's still very annoying since I need a permanent connection for other devices.
I don't know if that helps but I am living in Japan, with NTT Hikari fiber 1Gbps connection.

Does anyone have any idea that could help me solve it?

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A10 Pro connection reset every 24 hours
2022-03-08 07:56:32

Hi @JayBee82 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

What do you mean by "Archer A10 Pro connection resets every 24 hours"? Do you mean that Archer A10 pro loses IPv6 connection every 24 hours and you need to reboot router to recover the IPv6 connection?

When router loses IPv6 connection, may I have the screenshot of the IPv6 settings?

BTW, do you have IPv4 connection? Is it working properly?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2022-03-08 10:57:10

Can't answer 

Keeps telling me Content contains illegal external links

Options
2022-03-08 11:02:36 - last edited 2022-03-08 11:06:34

That's stupid, the forum doesn't accept me using any point character at all

Anyway, here is the rest of the message (without points)

Note that this message follows the other message I posted almost one year ago in this forum (can't link other posts it seems, but you can probably find it from my user account)

From what I can see every 24 hours the router resets BOTH IPv4 and IPv6 connection, but does it in a way that it makes most of my smart devices glitch (mainly amazon connected devices), and they can't reconnect

I don't have to reboot my router to make internet work again, but I need to reboot all the smart devices that glitch, which is way worse

The only way I can prevent that is by using the reboot schedule function to force a clean reboot and prevent any of those resets

You have a big screenshot of the IPv6 settings in the first post, but here it is again just in case;

I suspect it comes from "release time" that is triggered every 24hours, but DO NOT take my word for it, as I don't understand much about how those settings work

It's just the settings that are made automatically for my ISP

I tried changing them few times but it always breaks the internet connection, I had to reset to default

I also did report the issue per mail but I didn't get any answer

Options
2022-03-09 07:56:17

Hi @JayBee82    

Thank you for getting back to us. Appreciate the information that you provided. 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 4

Related Articles