Best config with a bridged 4G router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-16 09:11:55 - last edited 2022-04-16 09:15:51
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

What's the best configuration on Deco P9 with a Huawei 4g router?

At the moment, my 4g router is configured in briged mode and my Decos are in router mode. It seems to work ok, but sometimes all Decos stop receiving internet, despite my Huawei router leds don't indicate any problem, until I reboot the Huawei router.

By the way, I can't find how to connect to my Huawei router interface anymore. It does not seems to have an IP on the network (or I didn't find which one it is).

Any help?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Best config with a bridged 4G router
2022-04-18 03:11:26

@Alex236 

Hi, except for the current setup, you could also consider configuring Huawei 4G router as router mode with Wi-Fi disabled, then setting up Deco P9 under access point mode.

As for why you can not log into the web interface of Huawei, I think it might be that you have set it up as a bridge modem and It lost its DHCP server function anymore.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-08 09:41:08
Hi, Indeed I started the way you said, then ended up doing the opposite, mostly because I prefer the IP address reservation on the Deco, and because I'm gonna change my main bridged router soon (since I'm getting optical fiber). Now, I still have, around 1 time a week, my main Deco red, and I don't know if the problem is coming from my Huawei router since I can't connect to it anymore (as you said, it doesn't seem to be accessible anymore in bridged mode). When it happens, Huawei's leds seem ok, and I just need to deconnect/reconnect the LAN cable between Huawei and Deco to instantly recover internet connection. This is quite annoying, I hope it comes from the Huawei and not the Deco, but the fact I can recover only by reconnecting the LAN cable makes me doubt... Maybe a faulty cable? (it's the original Deco cable) Thanks for your help.
Options
2022-05-14 08:13:48

@Alex236 I confirm I still have the problem, though I've changed the cable. Here's a video showing how deconnecting/reconnecting the lan cable resolves the problem:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/61of6RuTofGMhkP39

What could I do?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 3

Related Articles