Sky Superfast / Deco M4 set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-21 15:15:31
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

We have 3x Deco M4s which have worked a treat up to this point. We've recently moved in to a new, larger house and have had to forego our Virgin Media fibre. We're now on Sky Superfast, which while nowhere near as fast, does the job.

The issue I have is the connectivity in our house is no longer satisfactory for two of us working from home. Now, my question to you folk is this:

Am I better getting more Decos, or should I replace Sky's router with something that allows me to put it in modem mode so I can get full functionality? I've no idea which would be the most effective, so would appreciate any insights!

Thanks,

TD

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sky Superfast / Deco M4 set up
2022-04-24 08:35:57

taliskerdean wrote

The issue I have is the connectivity in our house is no longer satisfactory for two of us working from home.

@taliskerdean Hi, for the connectivity issue here, do you mainly refer to the wireless coverage or internet speed, or something else?

Is Deco M4 currently working on Access point mode?

How about your network layout now, such as:

If the speed is not the problem, adding more units does help. 

And the operation mode of Deco would not cap the speed so it is no need to change the sky router to be something that is capable of bridge mode.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 1

Related Articles