Extremely slow upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-28 15:23:25 - last edited 2022-04-28 15:26:40
Model: Archer VR1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer VR1210v v1 00000001

Hi, im having a lot of issues about internet speed. I've bought this modem as brand new and when i connected it to the ISP line (TIM fiber FTTC, VDSL) it had connection instability, however the internet speed and ping was good but when looking at upload i can notice there's something wrong. I tried using every kind of firmware, resetting and configuring by reading thousands of threads with similiar problems but nothing worked... Even the last firmware (2.0.0 0.9 v6041.0 Build 220304 Rel.6349n) doesn't fix it, however the instability issue seems to be gone.

I also tried to get assistance by the ISP multiple times and both phisically and digitally tests have resulted in no issues, meaning that this problem could be caused by the product itself since my old modem doesn't seem to have any kind of those problems.

Here i link the speedtest Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Extremely slow upload speed
2022-04-29 06:10:14

@Poot Welcome to the community.

May I know how much upload bandwidth you are supposed to get?

Is the modem given by your service provider?

Can I have a picture of the DSL page in Status about the current and maximum download/upload stream?

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
Re:Extremely slow upload speed
2022-04-29 19:49:53 - last edited 2022-04-29 20:05:43

@David-TP 

Hi, my bandwith should be 200mbps/20mbps MAX and 50mbps/4mbps MINIMUM (TIM Premium Mega)

I bought the modem by myself online because my older one started failing.

However, the modem's instability got worse tonight than how it used to be and now the DSL led keeps blinking at all times, even after factory reset or manual configuration. My service provider can do nothing about it and the technicians who came told me that it should be product's fault.

Honestly, i am done with this so should and/or can I ask for a replacement? Thanks.

- Here's the speedtest with the old modem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 613

Replies: 2

Related Articles