Deco XE75 wired ethernet backhaul extremely slow upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-03 15:43:47
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20221121 Rel.36280

I have a mesh wifi system composed of 2 Deco XE75 and 3 Deco X60. The main Deco is an XE75, the other XE75 is connected by ethernet to the first one and the 3 Deco X60 are using the wireless backhaul.

When connecting to the 2nd Deco XE75 I get fast download speeds close to 1 Gbps as expected, but the upload speed is very slow, like 1 Mbps.

When disconnecting the ethernet cable from the 2nd Deco, and it uses the wireless backhaul I get upload speeds of a few hundred Mbps.

The ethernet link between the two Deco XE75 devices is a 2.5 Gbps link running through a MoCA 2.5 network (using goCoax MA2500D adapters).

I have tested manually the ethernet link and it has about 2 Gbps download and 2 Gbps upload speeds. It supports 2500/1000/100 Mbps link speeds and I've tested it using a 2.5 Gbps device.

Any ideea why does Deco XE75 perform so poorly in terms of upload speed when connected by ethernet backhaul?

Options
3 Reply
2023-02-03 16:34:37

I also tested by connecting one of the Deco X60's to the wired Ethernet backhaul and the Deco X60 reaches close to 1 Gbps upload speed.

So I guess there's likely a bug in the Deco XE75 firmware implementation of the Ethernet backhaul.

Options
2023-02-07 07:21:40

@bflorea 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Takes the following network layout for example:

when the PC is wiredly connected to the 2nd Deco XE75, the internet speed is about 1G/s-download, 1M/s-upload, right?

But if using one of the Deco X60 to replace the 2nd Deco XE75, the internet speed on the same computer could be 1G/s download and upload.

Were you able to reproduce this issue most of the time?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-09 21:39:58

@David-TP Yes, that is the network layout that I used. I have tested multiple times, also in different days. I tested both by using WiFi and by using a network cable to connect to the 2nd Deco XE75.

However if I connect a Deco X60 instead of the 2nd Deco XE75, the Deco X60 offers high upload and download speeds as expected (close to 1 Gbps upload and download when using a cable to connect the test computer to Deco X60).

The MoCA network is not limiting the throughput in any way, as I've tested the MoCA network speed (using OpenSpeedtest and iperf3) and it can sustain indeed speeds close to 2.5Gbps.

I believe that there might be a bug in the Deco XE75 firmware as Deco X60 works fine in this setup.

The mesh network contains 2 Deco XE75 and 3 Deco X60. The main deco is XE75.

Options