Control of My Network Through X20 Mesh Network (Removed the Provider Router/Wifi unit)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Control of My Network Through X20 Mesh Network (Removed the Provider Router/Wifi unit)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-10 05:09:26
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi All, I have been having problems with my router and the Mesh network.

The PC tech's told me that I could get rid of the router as the settings are in the fiber hub.

The problem now is I have lost any chance of controls from removing the router, like ip routing management, port through traffic and the likes.

I am wondering if there is any other way I can get something that I can do what my router advanced features would give me?

Is there a Mesh router that can be the main for the remote X20's?

(Maybe I am looking at this completely wrong, it is possible)

Looking for some guidance.

Thanks Kevin.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Control of My Network Through X20 Mesh Network (Removed the Provider Router/Wifi unit)
2022-05-11 02:18:33

@Kevin-M 

Welcome to the community.

Do you consider still keeping the provider router as the DHCP server with Wi-Fi disabled and setting up Deco X20 as access points for the wireless Mesh network?

best regards.

Options
Re:Control of My Network Through X20 Mesh Network (Removed the Provider Router/Wifi unit)
2022-05-11 07:57:55

Thanks for the info, I have put a new router in from the provider, so this wll put me back in control, and as you mentioned turned the WiFi off so only have the X20 mesh system providing the Wifi to teh house.

Thanks @David-TP 

Options