Reset seems impossible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Reset seems impossible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Reset seems impossible
Reset seems impossible
2022-05-27 22:59:50
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We have recently moved house. Unfortunately I was not aware that I could just plug and play the whole thing at the new address so I started messing with it and tried to set it up again.  So I deleted the network (so I thought) and thought I'd just start over. Started a new network with a different password and all seemed to be going well until I tried to set up the saetellite Deco's. They could not be reset. I can switch them with the main one and as a main they will work, but not as a satellite, the light keeps going solid red and reset doesn't work. By now this is all going over my head. :-(( The Main Deco turns white after reset but the other two Deco's can't get out of the red light for some reason. So I wanted to set up a new account with a different email address. That did not solve the problem either. Now I cannot see any network on the app anymore. The app only gives me the new setp option, which doesn't work as the whole thing keeps repeating itself. By now I am ready to throw them all through the window. Now I have requested deletion of my account completely, thinking that will give me a fresh start. So far when I try to set up (with new account) same thing happens. Do I need to wait for their confirmation before I could set up again and will this solve my problem? Any insights would be really appreciated as I am about to pull out all my hair in frustration! :-)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Reset seems impossible
2022-05-30 08:30:08

@chrisje10 

Welcome to the community.

Do you still have any issues during the configuration of Deco now?

Here is some information for your reference:

1. When you submitted the account deletion request before the account has been deleted, it could not be used again to register the TP-Link account.

2. For the issue that it asked to set up again even though the Deco has been set up already, it might be related to the issue here:

How to delete a network on the Deco APP-Case 3

Thank you very much.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Reset seems impossible
2022-05-30 09:57:46

@David-TP 

Thank you for the reply. It is working now as I have set it up with a new account and waited until I got confirmation of deletion of old account.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 284

Replies: 2

Related Articles