Setup preferred channel and network source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-29 05:26:57
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have recently installed a mesh network with 4 decos M4.

The best configuration I've found is like this:

But sometimes if bedroom or living room decos reboots, I get kitchen connected to bedroom. The problem is, this is a really bad configuration, speeds goes from 120mbps to 20mbps in the 5ghz network (I have disabled 2.5ghz).

Then I have to manually reboot kitchen and after it boots back up it connects to living_room again.

It seems strange that it doesn't recognize living_room as it's best node after it's back online. Is there a way to force it to scan for the best node again without rebooting?
But the best solution for me would be to have the ability to fix those connections or at least set a prefered one.

Also as a minor problem, I haven't been able to find where I could set the channel, everytime I run the Wifi interference diagnostic from the wifi assistant it tells me it's really bad, even though most networks shown are all in the same channels.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup preferred channel and network source
2022-05-30 08:10:53

@GabrielRodrigue 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Please have a look at this link:

Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

There is already a plan to add this feature on Deco.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options