AC1200 can't reach LAN through VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-13 12:20:58

I have an AC1200 router hardware version 3. I tried to use it both with pptp, and openvpn. Set to home network only mode. I can connect to the vpn, and can reach the router, but nothing else. Computers, and the NAS cannot be reached through vpn. The place has static IP, and i try to connect these through IP. So no DNS problem either. I tried to disable both my own, and the device's firewall, but no help.

Me, and my collegue both checked it in detail, but neither of us could figure out the problem.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC1200 can't reach LAN through VPN
2022-06-16 07:35:52

Hello @Kombinator 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

As per your description, it seems that you've configured the VPN server successfully, but cannot access the computers and NAS that connect to the C1200 router, right? Please check the below information:

1. Try disabling the Firewall and Anti-Virus software on the computers and NAS. For Windows computers, disable the firewall for the public and private networks.

2. Please check if you can access or visit the computer or NAS from another computer that connects to the C1200 network. If not, you will need to check the settings on that computer and NAS also and ensure they are allowing the access.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 145

Replies: 1

Related Articles