Archer C80 filtering on work computer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 12:39:48
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I am using my Archer C80 for 3 years now and all devices connected to it are working fine, both wired and over WiFi.

Recently I got a new work computer and the connection is not reliable - I can open several sites (Facebook, Youtube, google search) and browse normally, but other sites show that I'm not connected to the internet.

It happens both when I'm connected to work VPN and off it. My personal laptop doesn't have the same problem when tested at the same time. 

When connecting to a mobile hotspot the problem disappears.

IT at my office couldn't find anything wrong in network settings, they told me to look if I have a filter on my router.

Did anyone experience something similar?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C80 filtering on work computer
2022-08-17 08:30:50

@Liorenbaum 

How does the work computer connect to the C80, via Ethernet LAN or wireless?

If it can visit Facebook or Google, I believe it has already obtained a valid IP address and gateway from the C80, please try to do a simple ping test, you can ping 8.8.8.8 -t, then ping www.google.com -t, please check if there is an issue with the ping.

This is the guide to do ping tests on the computer.

If you can ping 8.8.8.8 fine but not good with www.google.com, please try to change the internet DNS settings on the C80, you can try 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then check the connectivity again.

On the work computer, you may also check if there is anything wrong with the adapter settings since it is newly bought, you can try to contact their support for more suggestions.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 1

Related Articles