Mesh priority over power line? P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-24 19:06:00 - last edited 2023-10-12 10:22:29
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi,

I've just bought and set up 3 P9's, two in the main house and 1 in the den (garage) separate from the house.

They're all showing as communicating via WiFi only currently, Office (1st floor) is connected to Main (ground floor), Den (garage) is connected to Office.

Two days ago when setting up it showed the Den as connected to both office and PLC 5.0/2.4. (This should prove they can communicate though my house wiring)

I've got them configured so the main SSID is 5.0&2.4, and the guest network is purely 2.4 for some older WiFi systems I have which don't play well with 5 or dual band. 

the download/upload speeds from the den are pretty slow since it's bouncing through the WiFi mesh, my preference would be power line... is there anyway to make the PLC priority over the mesh? Or reasons why it's not showing both now? 

I also have 2x M5 units I'm looking to plug in on the top floor, so need the mesh network still enabled for these.

Thanks for any support. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mesh priority over power line? P9
2022-08-25 03:26:31

@JNellist 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is suggested to install the beta firmware here:

Deco P9_1.1.2

(It could be reverted back to official firmware if needed.)

Please let me know whether it is working or not.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Mesh priority over power line? P9
2022-11-16 15:46:57

@David-TP 

What's this 1.2 debug firmware about?

I've tried the usual Deco_P9_1.1.3_20210115_debug, but looks like this answer from 2022 could have a fresher one...

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 438

Replies: 2

Related Articles