AX55 - USB drive not allowing read-write access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-25 23:05:35
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(5553)

I have a connected USB drive (WD MyBook) to the AX55 router to allow for network file sharing. Previously, I have been able to copy and move files from other computers to the network drive without issues.

I recently upgraded to the current firmware I have, and have noticed that despite the existing drive being shared and visible, I now have no default write access to the files on my USB drive. My machines can see the files on the drive fine, but whenever I try to transfer files or create folders, it is advising that I don't have that access or don't have the necessary privileges. When I try remapping the drives and reconnecting, then trying to create folders, sometimes it would prompt for credentials; I would input the correct credentials defined for read-write access, but it then declines those same credentials. This is all being done via SMB.

If it helps, I've also tried checking via ftp, and even ftp is declined access.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX55 - USB drive not allowing read-write access
2023-02-04 11:16:29

@FarOutFreak 

Hello is your problem already solved, i have the same issue with my AX73 and WD Mybook, on USB no problem , on USB by router no writing acces,only reading

Options
Re:AX55 - USB drive not allowing read-write access
2023-05-31 08:55:34

I have the same problem. Read only. Update the AX55 to the latest update. Using a USB Sharkoon pendrive or a Crucial MX500 SSD (same results).@FarOutFreak 

Options