Tl-wn881nd huge ping spikes out of nowhere

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-30 16:34:48
Tags: #spikes
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi! So for the past 2 or so weeks I've had to use wifi (I usually use ethernet) and for the first couple of days it worked fine but then all of a sudden I started getting huge lagspikes out of nowhere, I attach screenshot with ping command results (I was pinging router's ip):

:

What I've tried so far:

Changing Drivers

Reseting Windows (10) network settings

Checking it on other computer (I haven't experienced such problem)

I've also realized that the problem intensifies (lag spikes are more common) when I start playing video games. Is my wifi adapter causing it or should I rather search for problem in software settings?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tl-wn881nd huge ping spikes out of nowhere
2022-08-31 01:24:28

Hello  @Phunder 

There are different factors that could lead to high ping like congested Wireless, interferences, to see if it is caused by Wi-Fi  network and also to help isolate issue, you could test a different computer or different Wi-Fi adapter and see if there is any high behavior when play games using the same Wi-Fi? 

Please also try some tips like adjust the wireless channel and channel width here: 

TroubleshootingHow to Fix High Ping when Using Wireless Adapter

Make sure you have updated the driver or use the latest official driver for TL-WN881ND.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 612

Replies: 1

Tags

spikes
Related Articles