X60 : DHCP server that activates at the access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-31 19:12:13
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hello !

The DHCP server is activated at the access point.

I found several topics on the forum about this problem. This would come from the "Smart DHCP". I also see that a beta version firmware and even final versions have been released for some Deco models. But X60 terminals are not currently affected.

These are very high-performance terminals. But this point is very blocking.

I am a computer provider. I have deployed a lot of them and I am having difficulties with this DHCP at several clients. My clients' network is broken down.

I have to find an immediate solution or change the terminals by another brand.

Can you help me please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:X60 : DHCP server that activates at the access point
2022-09-01 08:06:19

@jerem87 

Thank you for the message.

the beta firmware for Deco X60 V2 has been sent via private message. As for V3, there has been a beta firmware yet.

If V2 and V3 as in the same Mesh, you could set up V2 as the main Deco since under AP mode, V2 and V3 have the same software features.

Best regards.

Options
Re:X60 : DHCP server that activates at the access point
2022-09-01 15:52:48

@jerem87 

Do you support your clients' networks for them? If you do, check what is going on with them. It takes specific conditions for SmartDHCP to activate, such as loss of Internet connectivity, loss off connectivity between Main Deco and modem/router, primary network DHCP service dissapearing. DNS failures or excessive filtering could be a trigger, too.

The point is, what you see is the canary in the coal mine. Even if TP-Link can turn SmartDHCP feature off for you with firmware, underlying network issues will not be fixed by that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 2

Related Articles