Does Deco work with multiple APs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-01 14:48:53 - last edited 2022-09-02 07:27:45

I currently have a Zyxel device to create multiple APs in my home.  My kids each have their own WIFI so I can better contril their access.  I am upgrading to fibre optic and want to make sure the house has the best coverage (300m2 or 3000sqrft)  I was told to use a mesh network.  But I don't think that a mesh network such as the Deco will transmit the various APs.  Is this correct?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Does Deco work with multiple APs?
2022-09-01 20:02:46

@irlbri 

Hey

Yes and No is the unfortunate answer :)     Really depends on how you want this to work

Start with NO.    Mesh only works between the same vendor / range so Deco only works with Deco, eero with eero etc etc..    In short no your existing devices cannot be part of a deco mesh..

However..  YES... While your devices cannot be a mesh node, they could be a repeater for you.  If you can switch the devices to bridge or repeater mode you could use them as un-supported nodes in a similiar setup to what you have a present.     They would connect to the Deco wifi as a client, then repeat the signal as their own SSID.

Options
Re:Does Deco work with multiple APs?
2022-09-02 07:26:40

@irlbri 

and Another situation would be you wish each Deco to broadcast its own Wi-Fi/SSID. For example. there are 3-pack Deco M5, one in the master bedroom, one in the son's room, the last in the daughters' room.

I have seen this feature request once before and It came to me the moment I saw your situcation. If it is, unforunately it has been supported on Deco yet.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 2

Related Articles