Security Issue with Archer C60 (EU) V2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-12 14:06:19
Tags: #Firmware Update ##WirelessSecurityIssue
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 210407 rel.33020

I own a TP-Link Archer C60 (EU) V2, but ever since I've purchased it, I've been unable to update its Wireless security settings to WPA2-PSK (AES), which is the certified security standard currently for Wireless networks. Whenever I try to update the security settings, the gateway page gives a "success" message, but actually, it doesn't update the security to WPA2-PSK (AES) and continues to transmit signals with WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP), as verified from various client devices/Wi-Fi analyzer softwares. My iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 15) also gives a warning for this issue, saying "Weak Security - WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is not considered secure. Configure the router to use WPA2 (AES)."

This is a known issue to TP-Link with this specific router model. I've also been able to fetch a TP-Link Community thread in which a user describes exactly the same issue. In this thread, a special firmware file is shared by TP-Link to the user which fixes this issue. (Link to thread: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/236188).

Hence, I request you to please share the firmware file in question, so that I can update my router's firmware to support optimal security standards.

Router Details:

Model - TP-Link Archer C60 (AC1350)

Hardware Version - V2 (EU)

Firmware Version - 2.0.1 Build 210407 rel.33020

Sincerely,

Anmol

File:
Screenshot 2022-09-12 191539.pngDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Security Issue with Archer C60 (EU) V2
2022-09-13 11:25:11

@adeepsingh0007 

This fix should have been included in the official firmware.

Can you please show us the Wi-Fi settings on the Archer C60 as well as the weak security warning on the iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 15) and Wi-Fi analyzer software?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-09-13 13:07:30

@Kevin_Z I have already performed a firmware upgrade with the latest firmware, downloaded from product support page, but that didn't work either.

The router is currently running the latest stable firmware. Please find the screenshots below as requested by you.

Options
2022-09-14 11:57:23

@adeepsingh0007 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 596

Replies: 3

Tags

Firmware Update
#WirelessSecurityIssue
Related Articles