Adapter constantly overheats and disconnects from wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-20 01:07:01
Tags: #AC600
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My model is a AC600 and I have been using it for about a year now. It's been fine, but a few months ago, it started to disconnect and then reconnect. It'd do that every now and then, but now it's every 5 seconds. I checked the usb part whenever it does it and it overheats. Coincidentally, I recently switched cases for my PC, but that shouldn't be the problem. Is the problem happening because of the constant use that I put on it or has it become faulty. Please help so I can go back to playing video games

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adapter constantly overheats and disconnects from wifi
2022-09-22 02:52:12

Hello @squid 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

You could try to update the driver for the adapter . click 'support' next to 'specification' option to check the available driver

https://www.tp-link.com/en/search/?q=AC600&t=&category=home

Or try the Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Plus) (Win7/Win10)

As the adapter has been worked for a pretty long time and suddenly start the behavior, you could reach retailer to check the device warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 1

Tags

AC600
Related Articles