How do I tell if Ethernet Backhaul is working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-03 23:11:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

How do I tell if Ethernet Backhaul is working correctly.  I have 5 M9 Plus hooked up with 1 being the main deco.  In my app I do not see a Wireless or Ethernet symbol next to any of my Decos when I select them.  I think I remember being able to see this but no longer see it.  Did the app change?

The hints say to make sure you connect the ethernet switch or satellite deco into the LAN port but how do I tell which is the LAN port on the Main Deco?

My config is as follows:

Modem -> Main Deco -> Switch -> Satellite Decos through Ethernet

I've also tried connecting a Satelling Deco straight into the Main Deco and bypass the switch but still can't tell if it's working or not.

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Mark

Options
4 Reply
Re:How do I tell if Ethernet Backhaul is working
2022-10-03 23:42:01

@Gilly99 

Open Deco app, and I am assuming you are not using Beta app but one that is from the app store. In it, touch Globe and you will see list of Deco nodes. Touch Satellite Deco you want to check and here is what you ahould see there for WiFi and for Ethernet backhaul:

Just checked and symbols are there.

There is no Signal Source for Main Deco. 

Options
2022-10-03 23:56:03

@Alexandre. Thank you.  But I do not have those symbols in my app and I'm not using Beta app.  At least not that I know of.  Image below of one of my satellite decos.

Options
2022-10-03 23:58:40

@Gilly99 

1. There is newer firmware for M9 Plus, 1.5.6, you should update your Decos.

2. I have seen this screen with older firmware versions of M9 Plus, when there is nothing connected to Satellite Deco. Connect something to that Satellite Deco, either wired or wirelessly, and you'll see detailed info on that page.

Options
2022-10-09 06:09:47

@Gilly99 

Sorry for jumping in.

I see you chose firmware 1.2.12 when starting the post and I guess you have a mixed firmware setup.

Check my story here to update Deco from 1.2.12 to the latest firmware first:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/500258

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1615

Replies: 4

Related Articles