Deco X80-5G Custom DNS Not Applying

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-07 17:30:09
Tags: #Firmware Update #Issue

Occurs to both my vodafone static IP SIM and EE Business Dynamic IP Unlimited Data SIM.

When setting a public DNS to DNS Settings (such as 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1) and tapping 'save', the DNS Settings do not save and the default carrier DNS is used.

I know that the carrier is not blocking this as I have been able to use the above DNS Servers using other 4G/5G Routers such as the TP Link MR600 and Netgear Nighthawk M5.

When checking the Settings in Browser, my DNS Appears as:

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

But it should be the one that I defined as part of settings.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X80-5G Custom DNS Not Applying
2022-10-08 06:38:43

@tdavy 

Hi, Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Did you change the DNS under Deco APP>More>Advanced>DHCP server>Primary and Secondary DNS?

If yes, you might only change the LAN DNS servers and it will only sync to the client's IP settings. On the web management page, you will see the WAN DNS servers that are assigned by the SIM carrier. And so far, it is not supported to manually change WAN DNS servers on Deco X80-5G.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 512

Replies: 1

Related Articles