Single Deco P9 w/Frequent Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-17 20:26:50
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I've had a set of 3 Deco P9s for about 18 months, and over the last several weeks a single unit has begun experiencing requent disconnects (several times per day, only fixed with a power cycle of device). The remaining units (main and additional sattelite) continue funcioning normally during the singe-unit outage.

Configuration:

• Model: Deco P9 v1
  • Firmware: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057
  • Backhaul: Wireless & Powerline
  • Mode: Router (modem is in bridge mode and assigns public IP directly to the Deco)

Symptoms (on affected device):

• Indicator light turns solid red
  • Devices connected via ethernet show "no internet connection"
  • Deco app reports the affected P9 is "offline" 
  • Connecting a new device via ethernet (during outage) does not allocate IP to device

Fix:

• Power cycle ** Occassionally the device will re-establish connection automatically, but it generally stays disconnected until the device is powered off and back on.

Troubleshooting Performed:

• Factory Reset on Affected Device
  • Removed & Re-added from network via the Deco mobile app

Any insight you all could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Justin

Options
2 Reply
Re:Single Deco P9 w/Frequent Disconnects
2022-11-18 03:39:53

@JustinGT 

Hi Justin, it is a very detailed and well-organized post. Thank you very much! 

And you have done almost all the available troubleshooting suggestions. Just one more thing, have you swapped the location of this P9 with the other satellite P9? If the disconnection always followed the same unit, I am afraid you need to contact the local retail to get it replaced.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Single Deco P9 w/Frequent Disconnects
2022-11-21 15:07:21

Thanks for your reply,  @David-TP!

It looks like the troubleshooting piece that I neglected is re-installing the firmware. After days of being unplugged, I was able to reconnect the device and it stayed online long enough for me to re-install the current firmware version through the P9's web interface. It has now been online since Friday without additional issues. Fingers crossed, it will remain that way!

Best,
Justin

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 359

Replies: 2

Related Articles