X73-DSL WAN IPv4 DNS Servers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-16 22:02:42

Please update the firmware so that it is possible to enter IPv4 WAN-side DNS servers on the X73-DSL. Editing the on LAN-side has significant flaws. This is a basic request as it was possible to do so on the significantly older Netgear Nighthawk that this replaced.

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:X73-DSL WAN IPv4 DNS Servers
2022-12-19 03:12:29

@DecoAdmin1 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know why you wish to edit the WAN DNS on Deco X73-DSL?

And can I have more details about "Editing the on LAN-side has significant flaws"?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-19 08:04:58

Hello @David-TP, thank you for the reply.

With only being able to edit LAN-side DNS severs, it means they are still ultimately governed by the WAN-side DNS server filter rules (set by the ISP), so you are unable to achieve true transparency. The ISP filters can often have bizarre blocks in place, usually for commercial reasons, which is why I like to use independent DNS servers.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-23 13:57:57

Hello @David-TP,

Following up on this; once, and so far once only, I have been able to access seemingly hidden "advanced settings" in More>Internet Connection on the IPv4 tab (achieved by clicking the IPv4 Connection text - there was no arrow on the right side as there is under the IPv6 tab) and change the DNS servers to my desired addresses.

So it appears the ability exists in the firmware, however it has not been correctly implemented as I have been unable to replicate this action, I have tried clicking everywhere on the IPv4 tab page since without success?

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 452

Replies: 3

Related Articles