Archer AX21 keeps dropping my TCL TV connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-27 02:00:35 - last edited 2022-12-27 02:02:08
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I bought this router not too long ago and have had issues ever since. It keeps disconnecting my TCL tv every 2-3 days and I can't reconnect it unless I reboot the router. All other devices stay connected. I tried both bands 2.4 and 5 and experience the same issue. Both signals have an excellent strength. Before this router I had the WDR4300 in exact same spot and never had my TV disconnect from it. This is not a distance issue. Seems to be a firmware issue. Anyone know of a stable firmware for this router?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX21 keeps dropping my TCL TV connection
2022-12-28 07:22:52

@MrWestCoast 

What is the model of the TCL TV?

When the TV tried to reconnect to the 2.4G or 5G network, what is the error message? Do you use a static IP address on the TV or leave it to obtain an IP address from the router automatically? You may try to do an Address Reservation for it on the router, then monitor if that makes a difference.

You can also try to disable the Smart Connect on the router, and create different network names for the 2.4G and 5G networks, then connect the TV to one of them to monitor if it connects.

Is it possible to test and connect the TV to the router directly with a LAN cable? Will it connect to the internet stably in that way?

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-28 17:03:04

Liverpool20 wrote

@MrWestCoast 

What is the model of the TCL TV?

The TCL model is 43S425

When the TV tried to reconnect to the 2.4G or 5G network, what is the error message?

TV will eventually reconnect by itself if left alone. it can take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. When I try to reconnect manually to either the 2.4 or 5Ghz bands, the TV checks the "Connection" which it passes with a green check mark, then it checks "Internet" which it fails with a red X. However, at that point all other devices connected to wifi still work. Rebooting the router will allow the TV to reconnect instantly.

Do you use a static IP address on the TV or leave it to obtain an IP address from the router automatically?

Automatically

You may try to do an Address Reservation for it on the router, then monitor if that makes a difference.

You can also try to disable the Smart Connect on the router, and create different network names for the 2.4G and 5G networks, then connect the TV to one of them to monitor if it connects.

Disabled Smart Connect on the first day and tried different channels on both bands. The issue still persists.

Is it possible to test and connect the TV to the router directly with a LAN cable? Will it connect to the internet stably in that way?

Unfortunately TV is upstairs and the router is downstairs. Mind you, my old TP-Link WDR4300 was in the same place the AX21 is in now, and I have never experienced random disconnects with the WDR4300.

@Liverpool20 

Options
2022-12-29 07:13:18

@Liverpool20 Thank you very much for helping check all the details.

@MrWestCoast Thank you so much for providing all the detailed information. To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 3

Related Articles